The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 22-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
Customerzzz deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Health Screening

Recently has a regular health screening and at the same time take up the 'Venereal Disease Testing'. In it show 2 tests VDRL and HIV antibody Type I & II all negative. So here is the question, am I free of STD or I should take further test as there are other STD around. Will actually like to confirm this before I keep on a relationship. If kana then I better don't pass it to the girl...

If further test is needed, does every clinic has such test or only 'special' 1 will have it?

I hope this is not a stupid question.
Old 23-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of
Re: Health Screening

You are free of HIV for sure. As for other STDs, its better if you ask the clinic what the verneral diseases testing actually tests for. Different clinics may have different packages.
Old 24-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 90 / Power: 20
Eddick deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customerzzz View Post
Recently has a regular health screening and at the same time take up the 'Venereal Disease Testing'. In it show 2 tests VDRL and HIV antibody Type I & II all negative.
I did a almost same test as above in China 1 year ago resulted all negative but I am not sure the test is accurate or not.

I may want to do a test again when I next return to Singapore, any good brothers have good clinic to recommend?

Thank you.
Old 24-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 223 / Power: 20
samfan is a Helpful and Caring Samstersamfan is a Helpful and Caring Samstersamfan is a Helpful and Caring Samster

VDRL is a screening test for syphilis that measures antibodies that can be produced by Treponema pallidum, the bacteria that causes syphilis.

The test is similar to the newer rapid plasma reagin (RPR) test.

Your HIV Antibody I & II negatives means that you are HIV- for the period which your test is effected.

Remember that there is a "window period" where it takes for a person who has been infected with HIV to react to the virus by creating HIV antibodies. This is called seroconversion.

During the window period, people infected with HIV have no antibodies in their blood that can be detected by an HIV test, even though the person may already have high levels of HIV in their blood, sexual fluids, or breast milk.

Here is what the US CDC says about the window period:
Quote:
"Antibodies generally appear within three months after infection with HIV, but may take up to six months in some persons."
This CDC definition of a three to six month window period has been commonly used for a number of years.

As a side note, if the tests you did in China were don at an accredited clinic and laboratory, then the test is as valid as that of any other.
Old 24-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Samster

So the test i have is for syphilis and HIV.

I thought the widow is 3 months that why i go for the test after 3 months. So this mean I'm not 100% 'safe' to declare that I'm HIV free...
Old 24-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Samster

samfan is a Helpful and Caring Samstersamfan is a Helpful and Caring Samstersamfan is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customerzzz View Post
I thought the widow is 3 months that why i go for the test after 3 months. So this mean I'm not 100% 'safe' to declare that I'm HIV free...
Under most circumstances, the 3 month window period should suffice. However, depending on the type of exposure, as in a lacerating exposure (like a needle prick injury), then a 6th month test is recommended.

These risks assessment would need to be discussed with your health care practitioner.
Old 26-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Samster

Thanks for the advice.
Anyway to play safe I will go for another round of check up before I make a decision.
By the way, does normal clinic do all STD testing or have to go DSC?
Old 26-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 55 / Power: 23
blurtoad deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Just to add on, this just show that you are tested ok for the 2 types of STD.
There are other such as the smear test, etc to test for the other types of STD.

DSC is recommended as they have full range of all the tests and there is also counseller there to talk to you and advise you on what to test.
Old 27-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 6 / Power: 0
YoungAhPek is Cool - loads of Potential

Hi Bro,

If i just wanna test for chlamydia i can goto DSC or other clinic?

do i have to register my name and IC number for only chlamydia and if found positive *touch wood* would i be reported to govt.

thanks
Old 27-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAhPek View Post
If i just wanna test for chlamydia i can goto DSC or other clinic? ... do i have to register my name and IC number for only chlamydia and if found positive *touch wood* would i be reported to govt.
Any medical clinic can conduct tests for all types of STIs. Any place you go to including DSC requires registration with a IC/passport.

Only AFA offers the anonymous HIV/Syphilis tests. As they share the same venue as the DSC, be sure to visit only during AFA operational hours. Visit Action for AIDS for details.

If you are tested positive for any kind of STDs at private/public clinics and DSC, you will be reported to the CDC. In fact, any form of communicable diseases like chickenpox and dengue fever needs to be reported to the CDC by law, not STDs alone.
Old 23-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Samster

Ok. Just update what my status now.
For information, all GP do STD check. So if anyone want to screen can go to the GP.
I have waited for 5 months and go for a full STD check up.
Luckily I'm free from STD.

These few months time crawl...
As i do not want to intimate with my gal, she even suspect something is wrong... all kind of doubts...
Anyway commercial sex is okay but just take note it is high risk
I think i will quit it... hopefully after all these years i will have the will to do so...
Old 24-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 17
GoldTooth is a Helpful and Caring SamsterGoldTooth is a Helpful and Caring Samster

No matter what , always practise safe sex for both commercial and non-commercial sex. Never take risk.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfan View Post
If you are tested positive for any kind of STDs at private/public clinics and DSC, you will be reported to the CDC. In fact, any form of communicable diseases like chickenpox and dengue fever needs to be reported to the CDC by law, not STDs alone.
Not exactly true. YOUR CASE will be reported as part of statistics and to monitor the disease, not YOU.

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1