The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Netizen Exposes Mabok's LIES!

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Net archive reveals Mah did say he accepted responsibility

September 30th, 2013 | Author: Editorial

Shin Min Daily News published an article yesterday (29 Sep) based on an interview with former National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan. During the interview, Mr Mah denied that he stepped down from the Cabinet in 2011 to take the blame for high HDB prices:

Mah said that he stepped down as he was retiring and wanted someone more capable to take over from him. He was interviewed for the launch of a new book about eminent Hainanese in Singapore.
He said:
“尽管坊间有各种传闻,甚至传言我为高涨的房价背了黑锅,黯然退下,我并不这样认为,我觉得我已 经为新加坡 政府和人民献了我最宝贵,最有价值的人生阶段。”
“There have been numerous rumours about why I resigned from the Cabinet, including bearing the responsibility for high HDB prices. I disagree, I feel I have given the most valuable part of my life to the government and the people.”
He felt it was time for him to step down and let someone more capable than him improve Singapore’s housing. He said that to build a First World Singapore, he had given the most precious 10 years of his life, including his wisdom, passion and determination.

Reading PM Lee’s announcement on 18 May 2011 of his new Cabinet line-up, it does appear that the reason for Mah stepping down is to make way for newcomers. PM Lee then said [Link]:
“Several Ministers are retiring this round, apart from SM and MM; DPM Wong Kan Seng, Minister Mah Bow Tan and Minister Raymond Lim will retire from the Cabinet. All three of them served in challenging appointments and have made many valuable contributions. They had expressed the desire to step down earlier. I had asked to stay on and help me fight the elections. Now that these elections have been fought and won, they have reiterated they did not wish to be re-appointed and I have agreed, and I would like to put on record my thanks for all their many contributions.”
However, on 19 May 2011, the very day after PM Lee’s announcement of his new Cabinet, Mr Mah said that he “accepted responsibility” for high housing prices at a Building and Construction Authority (BCA) event. Thanks to the internet, we can dig up what he actually said. As reported on ST (‘Time to make way for fresh ideas: Mah’, 20 May 2011):
Outgoing Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan on Thursday (19 May) took responsibility for the unhappiness among Singaporeans over the very sharp rise in housing prices, which he linked to the turnaround in the economy.

Speaking to reporters at a Building and Construction Authority (BCA) event on Thursday night, he said: ‘Housing is always a very sensitive subject. And I guess to the extent that in the last couple of years, housing prices went up very sharply, coinciding with the very dramatic turnaround in the economy. I guess that resulted in quite a lot of unhappiness on the ground. And I accept responsibility for that.’

In his first comments to the media since his retirement from Cabinet was announced on Wednesday (18 May), the 62-year-old former scholar did not elaborate on the price rises but outlined some highlights and tough moments in his 23-year political career.

On Saturday, Mr Mah hands his portfolio to Mr Khaw Boon Wan, the current Health Minister. In his statement, Mr Mah expressed confidence that Mr Khaw would ‘lead the ministry to even greater heights’.

He also said: ‘I have been privileged to serve under three prime ministers, which has been an exceptionally satisfying and invaluable experience. I never imagined that I could have been given the great honour to serve my country in such a meaningful way.’
And thanks to YouTube, what he said is immortalised on video:

What does “accept responsibility” mean? According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary [
Link], the phrase “to accept responsibility” simply means “to account for one’s actions”.

Indeed, a cursory scan of what other politicians in the world say about “accepting responsibility” shows that it is always linked to an after action, be it resignation, going to jail, taking a pay cut, etc.
For example:
• A mayor accepting responsibility for the actions that led to his arrest [Link]:

“After the events of the past 24 hours, I have determined that the best course of action, both as an elected official and personally, is to accept responsibility for my actions in getting behind the wheel of a vehicle after having consumed alcohol, regardless of blood-alcohol level… I will accept the consequences of my actions and face the sanctions that are deemed appropriate by the State Attorney and/or the Court.

• Canada’s Minister of State for Multiculturalism, Harry Bloy, resigned from the provincial cabinet after he admitted leaking an email to a private company [Link]:
“I felt it important to accept responsibility for my action in regard to sharing an email with a third party,” Bloy said. Premier Clark told the legislature Thursday that Bloy’s actions were inappropriate, but not illegal.
• Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso announced his resignation as chairman of LDP following the party’s crushing defeat in a general election [Link]:
The opposition Democratic Party, led by Yukio Hatoyama, the grandson of former premier Ichiro Hatoyama, won 308 seats in the 480-seat lower house of parliament, while the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), which had been in power almost continually since 1955, secured only 119. Aso said he would have to accept responsibility for the results, and admitted that Japanese voters were deeply dissatisfied with him and his party.
So, is Mah’s stepping down as Minister not linked to his “accepting responsibility” too? Otherwise, why even talk about “accepting responsibility”, Mr Mah? Or does he even understand the English phrase “accepting responsibility”?
What do you think?

VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]

Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1