Thread: Vientiane,Laos
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2023, 04:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 114 / Power: 5
123infoseeker deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy123infoseeker deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Vientiane,Laos

Current Update:

The area around T4 ban Phonpapao is a dead zone now, the small shops have all been demo for new construction. only the beer-gardenish one is left. Further south a couple of km there is a smattering of shops.

Sithong road is alive and well, but busy with mainland chinese who seem to have displaced the lao guys. all the girls are basically in cages now, not to keep them in, but if police comes they lock the cage to keep them out. i was trapped in there once when either police or an irate guy came, an experience i do not want to repeat but I managed to get away. They gave me a free water while i waited haha. girls 150,00 to 200,000 kip ST still. since the girls are a locally produced items with no shortage price has not gone up with inflation. Cheapest in SE asia i am sure but you get what you pay for.

For T4 and Sithong, I do worry about police shakedown.

VTE plaza hotel. 850,000 kip ST for grumpy viet service. i'd rather keep the money and go to udon thani Thailand to be honest.

I would like to find more places. If anybody knows any daytime action please post. Loitering in the dark on the side of a road is not my thing. I need a local or Chinese guide.

VTE seems to be more geared to Chinese style now and not western. KTV and hidden chinese hotel massage are plentiful and have the young and beautiful girls. For westerners it is quite boring just drink at mekong with the old bar girls.