Thread: Danang & Hoi An
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3384 / Power: 13
hoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danang & Hoi An

Hmm.. u arrive late at night (8pm is considered late in small towns)... I assume u can't speak VN.... chances are they will just ask for a flat fare, may not use meter as Hoi An is considered outside city limits (ie long distance). Daytime u can still walk around and bargain prices.

I remember there is a travel agt based at the airport, perhaps u can get the agt to arrange transport for u. At least u can get a fixed fare rather than landing at airport and having to cope with chicken-and-duck talk. 250-300 is considered average...maybe slightly more at night. U have to understand the taxi will come back from Hoi An empty with no passengers.

And remember to tip generously if service is good. US$2 or 3 will make their day. I hear a lot of complaints frm the locals that Sporeans are super stingy. I don't blame the tourists...because somehow after conversion to dongs, the $1 or $2 seem like a lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooperho View Post
Any idea the est cab fare from Danang to Hoi an? I only arrive around 8pm