View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 133 / Power: 22
DehOne deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyDehOne deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Circumcision: my experience

Yes, you do need a referral from your GP. My GP referred me to Dr Wong at SGH who happened to be the head of surgery there.

I can confirm that it is one day, outpatient. my day went as follows:

9.00am, report in for the op.

10am, snip!

10.45am, wake up from GA.

11am to 2pm, lie in bed recovering and waiting for the doc to check that all is well with the wound. Have milo and a simple snack.

2.15pm, have a pee to ensure that I can do so without problem.

3.00pm, discharged with 10 day hospitalisation leave.

Sorry but I forgot to update on the cost. My visit to the the GP: $20. My first consultation with Dr. Wong: $80. I was charged $710 upon entering the ambulatory surgical centre. They explained that they would either refund me the balance if the surgery cost less or invoice me for more if it cost more. (In case there were complications during the surgery.)

Last week I received a receipt telling me that the actual cost of the op was something like $390 and they included a cheque to refund the balance. I will have to see Dr. Wong for one final check-up to ensure that all is well which will probably cost me another $80. So, to sum up, the costs were like this:

Initial visit to GP: $20

1st visit to consultant: $20

Cost of Op plus pain medication: $390 (approx)

Final visit to consultant: $80

Total cost about: $570.

Not very cheap but when my dick is at stake I won't spare the expense!

BTW, I forgot to add the cost of visiting the GP when I had a minor alarm over the state of my dick (all turned out to be well). This was an additional $20.

Hope the above is useful!

Last edited by DehOne; 06-12-2004 at 07:00 PM.