Old 22-02-2023, 07:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 65 / Power: 3
Akuforeveryoung deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Sexual Performance Anxiety

As much as these drugs for depression/anxiety/other behavioural-mental disorders may cause you to face difficulties having sex, be it difficulty in getting or maintaining an erection, or difficulty controlling ejaculation, I think it is very important that bros do not start or stop medications at random, always have your condition reviewed by a proper doctor.
Granted that not all doctors are good, but I think from the way the doctor interacts with you, you can get a sense of whether your doctor truly has your best interests at heart and is listening to your concerns. Stopping your medications or starting new medications abruptly without advice from a doctor can be detrimental to your mental recovery, possibly even downright harmful/dangerous, and I think it is common knowledge that a poor mood and negative mindset is the greatest detractor to having good sex.
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a very useful tool to help treat MDD/GAD (considering that the root cause of your condition is mental to begin with), I would recommend you bring it up to your doctor and see if the doctor can put you up for it and slowly wean you off the meds.
Tldr, don't anyhow start/stop meds based off advice from anyone, make sure you have a good doctor reviewing your condition to help you decide what is best for you.