View Single Post
Old 29-03-2023, 06:08 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3472 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108444 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Hia Wan Khao Tom Pla (ร้านเฮียหวานข้าวต้มปลา)

Address: Thanon Chan 32/2 Tung Wat Don, Sathon, Bangkok
Phone number: 02-2110829 , 081-8272381
Open hours: 5 pm – 12 midnight daily (closed on some Chinese holidays)
Prices: I listed the price for each dish above, but our total bill for 2 came to 600 THB – and we could have shared the amount we ordered with 4 people I think. I think it was a very good price for the amount and quality of seafood we got.

ที่อยู่ ถนนจันทร์ 32/2 ทุ่งวัดดอน สาธร กรุงเทพ
โทร. 02-2110829 , 081-8272381
เปิดบริการ 17.00-24.00 น.

How to get there: The restaurant is located on Thanon Chan Soi 32/2, almost at the corner of Soi 32/2 and the Sirat Expressway. The closest BTS station is Surasak, but it’s about a 20 minute or so walk from there. So probably best to take a taxi directly here.

The area around Thanon Chan road in southern Sathon, is home to some of the best seafood restaurants in central Bangkok.

The reason: it’s close to Saphan Pla, the main fish auction of Bangkok.

So around Charoen Krung and Thanon Chan, there are lots of great Thai seafood restaurants, many of which serve Chinese style seafood like New Peng Chieng.

I had been wanting to go to another restaurant in the area, this one called Hia Wan Khao Tom Pla (ร้านเฮียหวานข้าวต้มปลา) for a while now, and finally Ying and I were in the area at the right time for an evening dinner.

Hia Wan Khao Tom Pla (ร้านเฮียหวานข้าวต้มปลา) is right along Thanon Chan.

All the seafood is lined up and sits on ice at the front of the restaurant, where there’s also a shophouse, but all the tables are set up on the sidewalk and in front of the neighbors business.

I think this restaurant would fall under the Bangkok street food category due to its atmosphere, yet it’s high end and high quality street food dining.

Hia Wan Khao Tom Pla (ร้านเฮียหวานข้าวต้มปลา) is a street food stall in Bangkok that serves good quality seafood.

Their speciality dish is khao tom pla (ข้าวต้มปลา), rice soup with fish, and it’s a dish you shouldn’t miss when you visit. Everything else I ordered was also delicious, focusing on very simple cooking, and just fresh seafood… oh yah, and the fried pork, though not seafood, was amazing as well.

Along with serving excellent seafood, Hia Wan Khao Tom Pla (ร้านเฮียหวานข้าวต้มปลา) is the type of Bangkok atmosphere I love so much – on the sidewalk, tucked off the busy road, and all about the food.

If you love seafood, this place is worth a visit.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily