View Single Post
Old 23-03-2023, 03:28 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1599 / Power: 15
HonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant future
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rix6669 View Post
Where did u get this info from? If the woman can work educated and can earn decent income, there's no need to give wife a maintenance fee. According to lawyers I asked.
its all depends on judge, but in general if she has her own earning capacity and if she really earns much more then the guy...court will assess and perhaps award a nominal sum or not award..but the smart lawyers will tell the woman to leave clause to vary the amount just in case in future they lose job or old cannot work..fyi i became bankrupt and my ex still working...i still have to pay maintenance thou court lower a little..