View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 07:06 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3488 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108491 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง)

Location: The street food stall is located directly outside the gates of Assalapheyah Mosque (หน้ามัสยิด อัสสละฟียะฮ์) on south Charoen Krung road, just northeast of Rama 3 road, and they don’t set up until evening.

Opening hours: 6:30 pm – 2 pm daily, but closed on Monday

As soon as I walked up to take a photo of the roasted golden ducks hanging in the street food cabinet, I knew we were in for some grumpiness the owner, and duck hunter himself (well at least he roasts and slices them up), isn’t the friendliest street food vendor you’ll meet in Bangkok. He made some rude remarks to me while I was taking photos of his ducks.

But I’m hardly going to turn from street food due to grumpy owners… I’m there for the food.

Along the always busy Charoen Krung road, just outside Assalapheyah Mosque (หน้ามัสยิด อัสสละฟียะฮ์), is Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง) street food stall.

This street food stall is also halal.

But anyway, they serve Thai roasted duck, and in the local hood of Charoen Krung, it’s pretty well known. Just like at Khao Kaeng Jake Puey, people begin to lineup for food before they even begin selling.

There were actually only a couple of tables set up along the sidewalk when we went; The majority of the customers go to Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง) for takeaway.

While most Thai street food stalls cheerfully deliver your food to your table within seconds of ordering, at Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง), you might have to bark your order to them multiple times before they take action.

f you’re looking for some busy Bangkok street food with character and grumpy service (which can definitely be fun sometimes) Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง) is a pretty good option.

Their duck is good, but not stand out amazing from other Thai duck restaurants like this place.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily