Thread: Genital warts
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2022, 06:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8457 / Power: 18
CheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond reputeCheongKa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Genital warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
That's right. I would still encourage people who have been diagnosed with HPV warts to get vaccinated against HPV.

1. Because it will protect the patient against other HPV strains.

2. There is data to show that the antibody production from a wild type HPV infection is not so robust. Vaccines have adjuvants which make the body mount a more aggressive immune response. Presumably, this will help with clearance of the infection.

3. There is also data to show that HPV vaccination reduces the rates of cervical cancer recurrence. It may be logical to extrapolate this data and assume HPV vaccination can also reduce the rate of wart recurrence.
Hi Dr Tan - I have my HPV jab maybe 10 yrs back, not sure if that’s the latest vaccine, is it ok to have another round of latest gardasil 9 jab? Thanks.