View Single Post
Old 25-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 106 / Power: 0
WarPig deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyWarPig deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99546 View Post
Hi, Bros,

BROS, PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE HELP ME GIVE ME A LAW ADVICE..

Currently I divorce with my wife. ( see previous post I posted ). My lawyer told me for future I can see my son easy. Tell them first, that I file for divorce. I do the things that the lawyer say. And she ( wife ) ask for don divorce coz think of the child. But she don want to save back the relationship. She say drag till the child get older then decide. The whole matter is she started because of having affair twice.

Is I say to divorce because if continue together is no use. I talk to her about all the claim that I giving her. She didnt agree anything and ask how to settle the flat. Currently I am owner of this flat, she is a occupier. Because I hope that can settle peacefully so that in future can easy to see my child or talk to them. But I am wrong. She went to employ lawyer.

My question to ask.. ( Please Bro help me )

How does the law count I have to give the maximum $ to the child ( my basic 1.6k + ot not everytime have ) The law count in basic salary or what?

Can I don pay her a single cent of her claim? ( she is working )

I want retain the flat. But I have to pay her. What is maximum I have to give? Because if sell away, I have no place to stay.

THANKS BROS,HOPE U ALL CAN HELP ME ANSWER ABOVE QUESTION..
Bro, please dun stress yourself out..... how old is your kid?
Because if he/she is below 8 yrs..... it is now compulsory for you & your spouse to go for counselling and mediation at the Court Mediation Centre. The reasons and circumstances leading to the breakdown of your marriage is analysed. All the answers to your questions above are available to you at the session..... and they will explain the pros and cons of going for divorce based on your family's circumstances. Every case is different so it is not possible to give specific advice to you here. Go for the counselling session...... and after the session you still want to go through with the divorce..... then go apply for legal aid.

On your monthly pay of $1.6K..... do not engage a lawyer!! You will end up in financial ruin for the rest of your life...... you qualify for legal aid and the Courts will be lenient in deciding your financial obligations to the other party. If you engage your own lawyer.... the Courts will take inference that you have the means and are financially capable of meeting the ancillary obligations that the other party demand.

Take note that if your wife's affair was more than 6 months ago..... you cannot use that as grounds for divorce. Also her immoral behavior is not taken into consideration for the ancillary proceedings.