View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 738 / Power: 19
RamboCat is a splendid one to beholdRamboCat is a splendid one to beholdRamboCat is a splendid one to beholdRamboCat is a splendid one to beholdRamboCat is a splendid one to beholdRamboCat is a splendid one to beholdRamboCat is a splendid one to behold
Re: $10 bonks with viet syt near Viet-China border

How to get there? What's the exact location? These questions are getting asked by most. I'll answer it one shot for everyone :

This is the location on Google maps:
http://maps.google.com/?ll=22.020726...73599&t=m&z=11

How to get there ?
==============

1. Take a Tiger Airways flight to Hanoi. Take a cab to the bus station & ask for a bus to Ping Xiang.
2. The bus will take you to border. Chop viet side. A buggy will take tourists in batches to China side. Chop passport again. A mini van will then take you to PingXiang. All the while your bus company will give you a purple sling tag. Just wear it all the time so they can find you.
3.Take a RMB 30 taxi or RMB 2 public bus from PingXiang to Puzai.
4. Check in to a hotel by walking in. Always have rooms. Tien Bao is the one I chose. It was very clean, nice & and spacious for overnight bonks.
5. Hanoi to PingXiang bus journey will take around 3 hours. From landing in Hanoi to reaching Puzai the whole thing will take about 5 to 6 hours depending on how fast you get connecting bus etc.

Second Way
=========
1. Take a Jetstar flight to Nanning.
2. From Nanning's bus station take a luxury double decker coach (costs RMB 68) to PingXiang.
3. After the 3.5 hours journey, take a bus/taxi to Puzai another 20 min journey.

Hope this answers all the "exact location" and "How to get there?" questions.