View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 07:14 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2114 / Power: 15
victorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond reputevictorlee10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to make GL better and better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedy77 View Post
I don't think the gahmen wants to get rid of the legal Geylang scene.

1. it provides an avenue for local and foreign men to release, so that there will be less molest and rape crime.

2. It is easier to administer the legal red-light district than to play the hide and seek game with underground vice activities

3. There is tax to be collected from the WLs and houses, but not a single cent from the illegal FLs and pimps
The tax part I’m not so sure. Pretty sure the houses don’t report income properly since all transactions are mostly cash. The OKT pay the gals also in cash. So let’s say whole Geylang 1 year do 10m profit after all expenses. You tax corporate tax rate is only 1.7m. If money is their motivation imagine how much money can be made by rezoning whole Geylang area in to commercial. Just collect property tax is already more than that measly 1.7m