View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2995 / Power: 18
tomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

Van der Meyde vows to improve

The 27-year-old winger has made just 12 Premier League starts for the Toffees since joining from Inter Milan for around £2million in August 2005.

The Dutchman has suffered a catalogue of injury problems but has received little sympathy from the Goodison faithful due to several outbursts and off-the-field incidents.

Last summer, van der Meyde was admitted to hospital with breathing problems after his drink was allegedly spiked in a bar. He was also fined by Everton for being out on a Sunday night, as he was in breach of club discipline.

Van der Meyde's house was then burgled shortly afterwards, with his pet dogs stolen (they were later returned unharmed).

A spat with boss David Moyes followed in March after van der Meyde accused of him telling "downright lies" to the media about the midfielder's lack of fitness.

Speculation continues to link van der Meyde with a transfer but with two years left on his Goodison contract, he claims he is eager to knuckle down and win over the fans.

He told the club's official website: "I haven't had the best times of times at Everton.

"I know I can do better and I want to please everybody as well as myself. I have been unlucky with injuries and I'm trying to start afresh.

"I'm passionate about football and it's frustrating when you've been training all week not to play on the Saturday - but that's football.

"The only person to blame is myself and this season I will do better."

He added: "I just want to have a good pre-season and be in the starting XI for the first match (at home to Wigan on August 11).

"I can't wait for the season to start. It's up to me to do the best I can and the rest is up to the gaffer."

(Do u guys think he is ready to redeem himself???)