View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 176 / Power: 8
kiasusam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterkiasusam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Impregnated by Vampire

Teren set me down in the entryway, Spike jumping up so he could try and lick my face, while Teren walked back outside to get our bags. I watched him through the open door as he grabbed our belongings from the trunk. He occasionally glanced over at the house, shaking his head a little, but made no move to go near it. I exhaled in relief when he was finally done, setting our stuff down just inside the door and softly closing it, shutting the world out. Then with a wicked grin, he blurringly fast swept me back into his arms. I squeaked and held him tight as my body adjusted from being upright, to being carried. Laughing at my reaction, Teren held me tighter and gave me a quick kiss. Then our little trio headed upstairs and Teren laid me down on our bed while he went to bring our stuff up from downstairs.

I gave him a look that clearly said, ‘you better only be going downstairs, and not outside to investigate whatever you heard, while I’m out of eyeshot’. He stared at me for a second and then nodded in silent acquiescence, understanding. Trusting that he’d listen to me, I comfortably settled myself on the bed, letting the busy weekend overwhelm my body. Spike hopped up with me, his long tongue lolling out the side of his mouth as his whole body vibrated with happy energy. He nuzzled into my back and, snuggling into his furry warmth, I was asleep long before Teren came back.

I was so tired that I didn’t wake up until Teren kissed me goodbye for work the next morning. Smiling that he was fine, I kissed him back eagerly. My fingers ran over the metal of his wedding band as our hands slid together; the metal was as cool as his skin. As he straightened to leave, he handed me a calla lily. I smiled and took it, inhaling deep, amazed at his never-ending romantic side. So far, married life was going swimmingly.

Once he was gone, I crawled out of bed and made myself get ready for work. I couldn’t help the small grin at the fact that I was in my pajamas. I was so out of it last night, that I hadn’t even noticed him changing me.

Forcing my still tired body to go through the motions of showering, dressing and doing makeup, I suddenly thought Tracey had a good point when she’d asked why I was still working. Teren’s family had money, seemingly a lot of money. Did I really need to keep trudging to a job every day? I did like it though. It occupied my mind and made me feel like I was contributing to something bigger than myself, even if it was an already well-off corporation. Sometimes it was just the process of getting there that sucked.

And once I finally dragged myself there, I was met with multiple little surprises. First, Clarice congratulated me. I think my eyes were as wide as they could go when she said that. Of course, she handed me a stack of papers at the same time, so really, I suppose, she could have been congratulating me for that. Second, someone, and I’m going to assume Tracey, had decorated my “office”. My tiny cubicle was swarming with balloons and roses and cards stuffed with well wishes. It made my eyes water, looking at the thoughtfulness.

And my last surprise was the one that filled me with relief. Tracey hugged me and exclaimed over and over about what a great weekend she and Hot Ben had, and what a perfect wedding it had been. She was startled that I’d pulled it off, but not startled that my husband was a member of the undead. She was none the wiser. Ben had apparently been worthy of Teren’s trust, and not said a single word. Yet again, I could have kissed him.

After a day of warm hugs, endless flashes of my gorgeous ring and thank yous to anyone who would listen, even the FexEx guy, who was only dropping off a package to Mr. Peterson and looked a little confused at my gratitude, I was worn out. By the time five came around, I was ready for a long bath and maybe a backrub by my extraordinarily strong husband.

But the surprises weren’t quite done for the day. Late in the evening, an anxious looking Ben arrived on our doorstep. Shuffling his weight from side to side, he nervously glanced over my shoulder at Teren, standing a few yards back in the entryway. Then he exhaled a long, slow breath. Seemingly more confident, he asked if he could come in.

Running through all the things he could potentially say that would break Teren’s heart, I told him of course he could, and led him into the entryway. He looked around our home, his blue eyes taking in all the little luxuries Teren surrounded himself with, and then followed Teren and me into the living room.

He took a seat on the leather sofa, only cursorily glancing at the wall of windows that showed a magnificent view of the water, the expanse of water dark, as the sun had set. Teren and I exchanged soft sighs and a long look before joining him. Sitting in-between us on the long, softer-than-your-bed couch, Ben stared at his hands clasped over his knees. His fingers traced the tiny scars and marks a person gets on their hands over the course of their life, but he didn’t speak. Knowing that his mind was probably running a mile a minute, Teren and I gave him all the prep time he needed.

Finally he spoke, although he still stared at his hands. “I know, I wasn’t supposed to see what I did the other night,” he began quietly. “But I did.” He finally looked up at Teren. “And I can’t stop thinking about it.”

Teren swallowed and nodded, his face calm, almost resigned. Ben slowly shook his head. “What you are…blows my mind.” Looking over at me, Ben shook his head again. “I don’t know how you handle it so well, Emma.”

Looking between the two of us, he sighed and leaned back onto the couch; we followed suit. “Watching you two at the wedding though…all I saw was a couple in love.” He looked at Teren again. “I didn’t see a fictional monster.” He looked at me. “And I didn’t see a woman who willingly gives her blood to a fictional monster.” He looked down at his hands again. “I only saw love. A love that makes me believe the world is a better place, because the two of you are in it.”

I smiled and looked over at Teren who smiled with me, although his was tight. Reaching out for Ben, I put a hand on his knee. “Thank you, Ben. You don’t know what your acceptance means to us, to Teren.”

Ben stopped studying his hands to look up at me. I swallowed when I saw the tears in his eyes. “I’m sorry, Emma.” He shook his head. “But that’s not what this is.”

I felt my own eyes water and shook my head. “But…you said…”

He swallowed, flicking a glance at Teren and then me. “I know, and I do feel that way about you,” he looked at Teren, “about both of you.” He shook his head, a tear finally falling. “But I can’t deal with what I saw anymore.”

He looked over at Teren, his face deeply apologetic. “I’m sorry. I know you’re not a bad person, or whatever, but I can’t handle being in a world where things like you exist.”

Teren nodded and looked down, not saying anything. I found I couldn’t be as stoic. “What?” I smacked Ben’s shoulder so he’d look at me; he did so reluctantly. “You’re his friend! That means accepting him for what he is!” My voice heated, as my hormonal emotions flared.

Ben swallowed and leaned away from me. “I am his friend. It’s not him I can’t handle.” He looked back at Teren while I furrowed my brow, angered and confused. “I can’t deal with the fact that all the myths are true. That horror stories are real.”