View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1959 / Power: 16
lost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant future
Re: The Art Of The Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCheong2 View Post
After so many years on SBF forum I observed that new generation of mongerers lack the art of the monger.
Getting more and more lazy, kiasi/kiasu and lack exploration guts.
Just research on the internet for a few days will suffice.
If lazy please go and engage hold hand service.
Here here.... I think the new generation feels more entitled because they are used to Information being so available via internet and social media. If they can't find answers immediately they expected to be spoon fed, afraid to roll up sleeves and do the dirty work themselves. I try to give new users benefit of the doubt, but agree this seems to be the trend, and it gets tiring seeing the SAME basic questions posted time and time again. What can you do?

The Worst type of questions are the ones that are so broad and the person does not apply their own common sense. I.e. is ABC hotel a good location? First of all, it depends on your itinerary and which places you need to visit - how do i know what your requirements are? Every hotel is good for something.....but how can people answer if it is good for your specific needs in a city like Jakarta so big and so many different options.

Also, there is a website called Google Maps where people can determine the distances of hotels to the places they wanna visit and estimate traffic times. If people really that lazy/kiasu to even do that, they really should find someone to hold their hand in JKT.

I've travelled to over 20 countries, including some dangerous like Mexico, even South America, and able to find enough information myself via internet without asking for help...and this was almost 10 years ago.