View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4657 / Power: 24
Xyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond reputeXyberduke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99546 View Post
Firstly Thanks Bro Xyberdude for ur advice..

Bros.. Hope you all can give me some advice.. I have nicely talked to ex about my financial problems.. She say she don accept to reduce it as every month i give child maintenance $700 as my salary 2k+ not over $2500 haven deduce CPF.. Say that due to my child this year P1. Will be spending more. So she don agreed to reduce. Then i told her that is it possible that reduce the amount, let me go through my financial problems first.. After that i will pay her back the same amount as usual.. No matter what she don agreed.. Now i got another big problem that my company having retrencment.. And maybe will make my financial problems more tigher.. Like to ask Bros to give some advice..

What if i got retrenched and i got health problem that need to have medication. Can't afford to pay the child maintenance of $700? Can I reduce the child maintenance? And when should i go and can i go to legal aid for help? But they have a mean test as what I know.. Am i will be eligible?

Bros.. Please give me some advice.. Hope that Bros can help me.. Thanks. .
You are earning >SGD2,000. You are unlikely eligible for legal aid but you can always to a check if you are. Checks are free.

You may be retrenched, but you have not been retrenched so this is not relevant.

You continued working and received a >SGD2,000 salary amidst your health problems, so this is becomes a weak argument.

You may want to look from an angle of how much you are paying for your medical fees to sustain your health at a level to sustain your job.

Otherwise, 船到桥头自然直. Just continue doing everything that you have been doing, working... paying maintenance.... until a point where you bankrupt. All will lose, but at least you don't lose hair over it now.

Increasing your financial status is the only solution to overcome this lousy situation. Honestly, I love to increase my financial status also when I divorced many years back with $0 in my CPF OA after working for 20years, and bank account falling to record low levels that was less than my one month salary... But I picked myself up through a lot of financial cuts in every areas to tide through that difficult period. What I am trying to say is increasing financial status is an uphill task, and that is exactly what drove people to crimes. Cut your spending tremendously is the best way....

Do check with the pro bono services and see if any lawyers would like to take up your case. With the recent judgement that removed the $1 maintenance at appeal, it paved way to read the women's charter from a different perspective and changed the mindset of lawyers (especially lazy ones who gives the same common advice for all cases).