The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbf.today/index.php)
-   Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk (https://sbf.today/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours (https://sbf.today/showthread.php?t=62655)

qbdp 02-03-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

United to besiege fortress Anfield

The sign above the players' tunnel may read 'This is Anfield' but Manchester United FC will need no reminding of where they are as they prepare to take on their great rivals Liverpool FC on Saturday.

Highest tally
United are enjoying a remarkable season, which finds them on top of the Premiership table with a club record tally of 69 points from 28 matches and well-placed to land their ninth Premiership title in 15 years. Sir Alex Ferguson's side are nine points clear of second-placed Chelsea FC and, although they have already played a game more than the champions, the psychological impact of beating their fiercest rivals at Anfield, coupled with a provisional 12-point Premiership lead, cannot be overstated.

Purple patch
Liverpool, though, are enjoying something of a purple patch themselves, having won five of their last seven matches. That sequence has included successes against Chelsea and FC Barcelona and the Reds can also take comfort from an undefeated run of 30 league matches at home. Rafael Benítez's side will also recall that the last time United visited, just over a year ago, Liverpool were 1-0 winners, Peter Crouch's goal proving enough to guide them into last eight of the FA Cup they went on to win.

Extra motivation
Captain Steven Gerrard, who was in the last Liverpool team to defeat United in the Premiership at Anfield in November 2001, said: "Although there are only three points at stake, the game means that extra bit more and we would love to get three points from it." Gerrard shone as Liverpool overran Sheffield United FC 4-0 last weekend while United made heavy weather of their 2-1 victory at Fulham FC, Cristiano Ronaldo coming to the rescue with a winner three minutes from time.

Reading win
Ronaldo has been irrepressible this season, scoring 16 goals, and impressing with his lethal combination of pace, power and dazzling ball skills. "At this moment he's the best player in the world," said team-mate Wayne Rooney. United almost squandered a three-goal lead against Reading FC in an FA Cup fifth-round replay on Tuesday, prompting some to suggest that the league leaders are vulnerable, but Gerrard is not taking any comfort from the performance of an under-strength side. "You have to admire the way that they are playing at the moment," he said. "They're defending really well and that's what people forget."

'Never say die'
One of the mainstays of that defence, England centre-back Rio Ferdinand, knows that only too well, and with confidence high they could be mounting their assault on fortress Anfield at just the right time. "We've got a never-say-die attitude and even if we're drawing or losing a match we always feel we can create chances," said the man who scored the second goal when United beat Liverpool 2-0 at Old Trafford in November. If they can convert a few of those chances on Saturday, the title could be all but won.

axel486 03-03-2007 02:22 AM

Rooney is abit out of form, he still works very hard but we need more goals from him. Saha is also just shooting depending on luck now. Hope they can pull themselves up for this epic match.:)

axel486 03-03-2007 02:26 AM

Rooney abit out of form in the goal scoring department though he is still working very hard, Saha is also losing confidence in shooting, hope both of them can buck up for this epic match!!:D

qbdp 03-03-2007 07:20 AM

Ferguson tells Mourinho to "button his lip"

Sir Alex Ferguson has told Jose Mourinho to "button his lip" for the rest of the season after the Chelsea manager's claim that Manchester United have benefited from dubious refereeing decisions.

Mourinho claimed this week that United's bid to reclaim the Premiership and advance in the Champions League had been helped by a combination of good luck and controversial refereeing displays, particularly in the victories over Tottenham Hotspur and Lille.

"He's come out with stuff this week about us and we expected that." Ferguson said. "He's been talking about referees and I think he is the last person who should talk about referees. Goodness me! His football club have been involved in so many things with referees over the years. It seems to me that if you contest something and they don't get their own way, there's something happens whether it is referees or players threatened or something like that.

"It's an incredible club that. So I think he should button his lip now for good for the rest of the season. There's plenty of talk about Chelsea and referees and Jose and referees. I have a big catalogue on it but I'll leave that for another day."

Ferguson also delivered a harsh condemnation of Chelsea's role in the 20-man brawl that marred the end of last weekend's League Cup final with Arsenal, which led to three players being sent off. "It was obviously a London derby, maybe there is a bit of feeling between the two clubs and maybe it spilled over but it was surprising," he said. "But I think the clubs have to hold their hands up. We've had to do it ourselves, we're not exempt. Over the years there have been situations we've had to control and we've had some feisty players ourselves.

"And there are emotional players and very, very competitive players and fortunately in the English game that is a good thing to see players who want to win. But there are situations when you don't want to go over the mark."

Ferguson believes the outburst from Mourinho and similar comments from some of his players are simply attempts by Chelsea to unsettle his side, who can go 12 points clear in the Premiership if they win at Liverpool this weekend: "I think we can expect a lot of them to have something to say. Claude Makelele has had something to say, Michael Ballack's had something to say this week which is good. We have probably tried these things ourselves in the past. They can try and attack us, they are entitled to their opinions and I have no problem with that but I think we have some answers. And maybe it's just beginning."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will miss the trip to Anfield with a knee problem, but Ferguson insisted United will not sit back and defend against a Liverpool side who haven't lost at home for 30 Premiership matches. "It's a game that can shape the title," he said. "The important thing is to go there and express ourselves as we have done all season. And these are the characteristics we take into the game.

"The important thing is to try to win the game and we won't be relying on defending and hoping for a breakaway. We have got where are by playing that way and we will carry on in that way."

qbdp 03-03-2007 11:23 AM

United target winger Nani from source that produced Ronaldo
Saturday March 3, 2007

Manchester United have identified Nani, the Portuguese winger, for one of three major end-of-season transfers. Owen Hargreaves is a long-standing target and Sir Alex Ferguson's other priority will be to bring in a striker to fill the void left by Henrik Larsson's return to Helsingborg in nine days' time.
In total, United could spend in excess of £60m in the summer, a figure that may be dramatically offset if Real Madrid or Barcelona manage to prise Cristiano Ronaldo away from Old Trafford, with a fee of around £45m under discussion. Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted that Ronaldo is not for sale but it remains to be seen whether the Glazer family could turn down an offer in that region and United's interest in Nani will inevitably raise questions about whether he has been targeted as a possible replacement.

Nani, like Ronaldo, has come to Ferguson's attention because of a succession of illuminating displays for Sporting Lisbon, the club that has also produced Luis Figo, Simao Sabrosa and Ricardo Quaresma.
Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson's Portuguese assistant, has followed Nani's career since his early days in Sporting's youth academy, becoming a regular visitor at the Estadio Jose Alvalade, and United have now registered a firm interest in bringing the 20-year-old to Old Trafford in the summer. It is understood informal talks have been going on since the turn of the year.

United are likely to face competition from several other clubs - Lyon are also confirmed admirers - but United have a feeder agreement with Sporting dating back to Ronaldo's £12m transfer in 2003 and they hope to capitalise on the Portuguese club's financial problems by not having to pay an exorbitant fee.

The matter is complicated because Nani is currently going through a legal dispute to sever his ties with his agent, Ana Almeida, and sign for Jorge Mendes. Worryingly for United Mendes also acts as Jose Mourinho's agent and there is bound to be concern within Old Trafford that the player will also be offered to Chelsea, who have a habit of gazumping United's deals, most notably Michael Ballack from Bayern Munich and Arjen Robben from PSV Eindhoven. Mendes is generally viewed with suspicion at United because another of his clients, Ronaldo, is constantly linked to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Sporting have a reputation as a selling club and the indications from Lisbon last night were that they would not stand in Nani's way, providing a satisfactory fee could be agreed. The club are trying to rush through a new contract with him, one that will include a buy-out clause set at £20m.

At present, Nani is one of the lowest-paid players at Sporting and his contract, which runs until 2010, stipulates he can leave for £13.4m. Nani has made it clear he wants to play for a major club and it would significantly help United in the negotiating process if he chose not to accept Sporting's improved terms.

Ferguson is already convinced that Hargreaves will join in the summer, almost a year after United first confirmed their interest in the Bayern Munich midfielder. After that, a new striker must be found, with renewed speculation in the Spanish media this week about Fernando Torres of Atletico Madrid. United are also monitoring the potential availability of Samuel Eto'o from Barcelona, the Cameroonian striker having complained about feeling unwanted at Camp Nou.

yinyang 03-03-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbdp (Post 1882062)
...United's bid to reclaim the Premiership and advance in the Champions League had been helped by a combination of good luck and controversial refereeing displays, particularly in the victories over Tottenham Hotspur and Lille.

Port wine has just turned SOUR.. taste like vinegar liao, after Portsmouth do 1over in few hours after ours up north:p

qbdp 03-03-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 1882733)
Port wine has just turned SOUR.. taste like vinegar liao, after Portsmouth do 1over in few hours after ours up north:p

portugal red wine vinegar!!! :D

dom01 03-03-2007 11:30 PM

O'Shea stuns Anfield

Ten-man Manchester United moved 12 points clear at the top of the Premiership courtesy of John O'Shea's dramatic 92nd minute goal at Anfield. Liverpool had been far and away the best team but could not find the breakthrough. And when Paul Scholes was sent off (86) for throwing an arm at Xabi Alonso, United's hopes of victory looked to be over. But substitute O'Shea popped up to spark the celebrations.

qbdp 03-03-2007 11:43 PM

Last-gasp United sink Liverpool

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/...0_04_07_am.jpg

Substitute John O'Shea, a Liverpool fan as a boy. scored a dramatic injury-time winner as ten-man Manchester United FC claimed a 1-0 victory against Liverpool FC at Anfield to temporarily stretch their advantage atop the Premiership to 12 points.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/...0_12_38_am.jpg

All looked lost for United when Paul Scholes was dismissed four minutes from time after reacting to a challenge. Scholes will miss the next 3 domestic games.
Sat. 10/3 Middlesbrough v Man Utd (FA Cup)
Sat. 17/3 Man Utd v Bolton (English Premiership )
Sat. 31/3 Man Utd v Blackburn (English Premiership )

dom01 04-03-2007 09:54 AM

Do u think CR will be sold? I think he wld want to go, most probably Barca. Rooney quite quiet nowadays. Hv nt scored in a long time, esp champ league.

CibLover 04-03-2007 10:12 AM

Hahaha...

Great match last nite altho I agree with some Liverpool fan's post regarding that they were the better team. The were better in percentage of ball possesion, numbers of corners, numbers of goal attempts.... Heck!! They are even better in the number of players (after a justified red-card for Scholesy)!!

But one thing they are not better. :rolleyes: The ultimate lesson 101 of football in order to win a game; Scoring!! Football is cruel sometimes but you take what you are presented. Sometimes you grind out results, sometimes you demolish teams.

Now, let's move on from the Premier League and concentrate on our Champions League.

ps. What's this name calling from Pool's fans ?? Simi SCUM??? I don't see us Man Utd's fans start changing their team's name. Guess we're more civilised?? Hmmmmm........

mangoesteam 04-03-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CibLover (Post 1883671)
ps. What's this name calling from Pool's fans ?? Simi SCUM??? I don't see us Man Utd's fans start changing their team's name. Guess we're more civilised?? Hmmmmm........

I am with you on this point bro. The worst part is that they appear to be rather senior members of this forum. Hope they can show some class commensurate with their reputation.:o

imom 04-03-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CibLover (Post 1883671)
...ps. What's this name calling from Pool's fans ?? Simi SCUM??? I don't see us Man Utd's fans start changing their team's name. Guess we're more civilised?? Hmmmmm........

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoesteam (Post 1883682)
I am with you on this point bro. The worst part is that they appear to be rather senior members of this forum. Hope they can show some class commensurate with their reputation...

Sigh, just leave it be bros. Let us be the gentlemenly ones, seeing how it must be so damn painful for them that we've done the league double over them. And they need to go back to 2001 or something like that for their last win over us at Anfield. Let's not get embroiled in any name-calling (though I recall someone who did it in the predictions thread :mad: ).

mangoesteam 04-03-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imom (Post 1883739)
Let's not get embroiled in any name-calling...

Not to worry bro. I am a firm believer in cheering one's team, not jeering others.:)

CibLover 04-03-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoesteam (Post 1883747)
Not to worry bro. I am a firm believer in cheering one's team, not jeering others.

That's why you deserve my 2 humble points.
Anyway, agree with Imom. No point in starting name callings. You support your team, I support mine. Hopefully, Man Utd fans in here knows better.

Glory, Glory Man Utd!!!!

Peace yo'll. :)